Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Dean of Professional Studies is responsible for faculty management; curriculum development; academic planning; student learning and program outcome assessment; program review and evaluation; strategic planning; management of the academic course schedule; and restricted/unrestricted budget management for all academic departments assigned to the division.
The Dean of Professional Studies will also maintain teaching responsibilities to include: time spent in the classroom, laboratory, or telecommunications courses and in immediate preparation for them; maintaining and improving competence in subjects being taught; preparing teaching materials; conferring with students on course materials; directing thesis; directing individual and group studies and practicums; reviewing written examinations and papers; supervising independent study projects, and supervising internships or programs. Professional peer review is an essential feature of effective teaching.
The Professional Studies Division offers undergraduate level programs in Accounting, Management, Marketing, Advanced Technical Intelligence, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer and Information Sciences, Computer Science, Biology and Health Administration.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of programs which are consistent with the mission of the college and that meet the evolving needs of the community and its students.
- Ensure implementation of all provisions of collective bargaining agreements for all faculty and staff in the division.
- Manage restricted and unrestricted budgets in compliance with Board Policies, state and federal law.
- Lead the process of program accreditation and preparation of self-study reports and site visits. Ensure programs and curricula align with requirements of state and federal regulating agencies and external accrediting organizations.
- Maintain an ongoing divisional educational plan with annual goals and objectives to meet instructional needs.
- Represent divisional concerns and needs to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Participate in community activities, including advisory boards, to ensure relevance of curricula.
- Develop articulation agreements to reduce barriers to student success and degree completion.
- Engage in professional development to maintain and develop areas of professional expertise.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree with prior higher education experience;
- Must be qualified to teach courses in the Business Management curriculums according to the standards of the ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs; STEM areas;
- Working experience in the fields of STEM, Management and/or Administration;
- Proficiency in use of current instructional and computer technology required;
- Experience teaching courses in an online format;
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to working with students and colleagues;
- A record of prior service, scholarship, and teaching;
- Grant writing experience and/or the ability to pursue and secure external funding.
- Terminal degree is preferred in appropriate discipline.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Dean of Professional Studies position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com