The Director of Annual Giving, (DAG) will provide tactical leadership for Wilberforce University’s annual giving activities. In this role, the DAG will manage a portfolio of 500+ donors and provide strategic and operational leadership for the University’s Annual Giving program and donor moves management, (gifts of $1,000-$24,999). The DAG is responsible for the overall design and successful implementation of comprehensive and coordinated annual giving initiatives which includes direct mail, e-appeals, online giving and virtual giving, (Giving Tuesday, etc.), social and electronic media, (Retool Your School Campaign, etc.), student phonathon, securing Gifts In-Kind, stewarding endowments and scholarship donors as well as personal solicitations all which are designed to increase donor participation and philanthropic revenue.
Guided by the University’s mission, the Director of Annual Giving will apply marketing research, segmentation, and communications strategies in an effort to build upon the donor base and raise funds. Additionally, under the direction of the Vice President for Advancement and in concert with other staff, manage the comprehensive solicitation calendar as appropriate to increase dollars raised, average gift and participation rates.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the strategic direction, management, and reporting of the solicitation of annual giving to the University
- Provide timely, key performance indicator reports to the division tracking progress to goal and donor retention
- Assists in the development of the budgets each fiscal year to ensure that they align with the division’s priorities
- Utilize strong data analysis and mining skills to identify appropriate and effective strategies for soliciting and stewarding Wilberforce University’s key stakeholders, including current and past donors, alumni, parents, and friends of the University
- Utilize variable data strategies as much as is possible to create unique and highly personalized solicitation packages and donor and endowment reports for these audiences
- Ensure that annual giving messaging is consistent with university priorities, assist in website management
- Research and implement new marketing strategies to improve participation rates, average gift size and overall revenue to various programs
- Work closely with internal and external collaborators to provide visually appealing and cost-effective communication pieces
- Provide management oversight of special annual giving programs, including but not limited to annual giving society, young alumni programs, and senior class gift
- Develop, implement, and oversee new fundraising strategies including but not limited to crowdfunding and recurring giving
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience in Advancement/Development with a minimum of 5 years in annual giving, preferably with a college or university that solicits alumni, parents, and friends for financial support. Master’s degree is highly desirable. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- CFRE Preferred
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge NXT, Microsoft Suite and Zoom Software
- Mastery of digital technology
- Very strong project management skills with the ability to take a project from concept to completion in a determined amount of time within a determined budget.
- Very strong writing skills for a variety of project types, including but not limited to solicitation letters, e-mail and web communications and newsletters.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, interpersonal and organizational.
- Requires a minimum of three years of demonstrated staff management experience.
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a sensitive manner, confidentiality required.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Director of Annual Giving (DAG) position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com