- Offer support and technical assistance to end-users on campus in addition to student’s IT needs.
- Responding to queries via Screenconnect, Helpdesk, email, or phone
- Knowledge on Canvas preferred
- Ability to communicate properly, effectively and respectfully
- Providing technical assistance for questions and problems or defer to the Systems Administrator
- Help end-users with light IT duties on Windows machines
- Diagnosing system errors and other issues
- Following up with customers to ensure full resolution of issues
- Requesting feedback and/or monitoring calls and other methods of correspondence to improve training methods
- Running reports to analyze common complaints and problems
- Installing or changing software to fix issues
- Remotely accessing hardware or software for clients to make changes and fix problems
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Help Desk Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong Computer Skills
- Ability to Troubleshoot and Diagnose Problems
- Familiarity with Windows 7 & 10, Office365,
- Experience with Network Repairs and Analysis
- Good Customer Service Skills,
- Ability to Communicate Effectively to help customers fix their issues and feel satisfied with the experience
- Education in Computer Repairs and how to Troubleshoot Problems.
Help Desk Qualifications
- At least 1-3 years helpdesk experience
- 5-10 years computer experience
- 1-3 years customer services experience
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Help Desk Technician position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org